Board members from BPRO and three neighbouring resident organizations recently met with representatives from First Capital (developer), Bousfields (community consultants), and Councillor Colle’s office to discuss our concerns regarding the redevelopment plan for the northeast corner of Avenue Road and Lawrence.
Our concerns remain:
- pedestrian safety and traffic flow at an already busy intersection
- improvements to the Douglas Greenbelt ravine
- parkland/ greenspace
- building height
- and inadequate upper level setbacks.
The City of Toronto Planning Division is hosting an online Community Consultation Meeting regarding this application. It is scheduled for Thursday October 22 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. It will be online and phone-in only. The meeting will include:
- an update on the status of the application including the process and potential outcomes
- opportunities for local residents to provide feedback
- next steps.
Information and participation instructions are provided in the meeting notice as viewed here: AL Community Consultation Meeting Notice.
BPRO will be in attendance at the meeting advocating for the best possible outcomes for this proposal.
If you wish to review the application materials before the meeting, click HERE. This may help you better follow discussions during the meeting. (Please note the address for this proposal is 284 Lawrence Avenue West.)