Registration for our first ever Garden Contest closed on June 30. Look throughout the neighbourhood for participant signs, so you can enjoy the beauty and judge for yourself.
Speaking of judges, our three judges including a Master Gardener, will visit the participant gardens in early to mid July, and again in early September. Check back later as we will post photographs of the gardens involved. And of course, we’ll share everything about the winners.
Contest Details were as follows:
- Enter the contest by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address and phone number.
- Entries must be received by June 30, 2020.
- Gardens must be planted and maintained by their owners, not professional landscapers.
- We’ll assume front gardens only, unless you tell us otherwise and give us permission to come into your back garden
- Contestants will receive a small, attractive sign to tuck in among your plants so that passersby know who has entered.
- A panel of three judges (one being a certified Master Gardener from the University of Guelph program) will view contestants’ gardens once at the end of June and again at the beginning of September. They may also choose to visit mid-season.
- Gardens may have flowers and/or vegetables, so whether the garden is Ornamental, a Pollinator, or a ‘Victory’ garden, or some combination, it will be judged on its own merits. The judges will be looking for layout and interest throughout the season.
- Winners will be announced after the judges make their final visit to everyone’s gardens in September.
PRIZES. No contest is complete without prizes. Rest assured the top gardens will be rewarded the way gardeners most appreciate. And, of course, there will bragging rights for a whole year! In fact, this year’s winner will remain the winner of the first Bedford Park Garden Contest forever!