BPRO’s first Annual General Meeting was held at Fairlawn Avenue United Church on November 5th, 2019. It was extremely well attended with approximately 70 people in attendance.
BPRO is proud of the work we’ve done in our first year. Board members updated residents on BPRO activities and results for the year, along with information about developments in our area.
For those of you unable to attend the meeting, here are some highlights:
- the Board of Directors was ratified with the addition of one new Director, John Miles, replacing outgoing Director Jess Hungate.
- The Treasury Report indicated an operating loss of $177 to date.
- Of the 3,736 homes within our boundaries, we have a data base of 473 names. This is an excellent 13% of our catchment area, however less than 30% are paid members, with over 70% unpaid subscribers. While this is a good start, we need more paid members to ensure continued sustainability of BPRO.
- Great work has gone into creating an identity for BPRO and framing our purpose: with a logo, mission statement, fantastic website, professional newsletters, a Facebook page, and a new short video produced by one of our residents.
- Ben DiRaimo, Senior Planner at the City of Toronto, gave us an informative talk about planning and development.
- We were pleased to have our Councillor, Mike Colle attend to speak about city-wide issues as they relate to our neighbourhood.
- There was a question and answer period following the two speakers which could have gone on considerably longer than we had time for.
Sincere thanks to those who attended, especially to our speakers, Mike and Ben, for taking the time to come and talk to us about local area issues.
If you would like to read the presentation from the Annual General Meeting please click here: November 5, 2019 AGM Presentation